Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thing 4 - EONS of friends and friends friends and friends friends friends...

I'm still into my purple mode. Social networking was kind of fun, but its a lot like having another blog which means one more thing to keep up with. I signed up with EONS (oops, now everyone will know that I'm over 50!), and I can see that if you are looking for friends with commonality it is a great way to go. I'm not sure that I can keep up a blog and an EONS account, though. Also, it is a lot like advertising, where everyone is trying to be cute and outrageous to draw attention. Too much of a competitive, marketing, "grab your eye" kind of thing. Maybe, because I'm over 50 (yes, it breaks my heart too), I just don't get the competitive nature of selling myself to strangers for no reason. There I go again - I'm not being negative, its just that I don't see it as a necessary plus in my life now. However, for younger people that need the networking and social aspects, connecting with friends and their friends and their friends friends ... can be fun and even helpful. A smaller harumph this time!

1 comment:

rich said...

i love your honesty!