Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thing 3 - IM

Boy, did I ever just waste an hour!!! I need help!!! First, I didn't know that I needed a partner (ya coulda told us this when we were in Thing 2). So, it was a BOMB. Way too much going on here. I will have to see when a helper is in the computer lab to go over this. I can't see much use for this except kids in a classroom that can't talk out loud but want to giggle or say mean things about other kids or their teacher. Harumph...

Well, I talked to Rich and I guess I understood more than I thought. I was getting confused by the look of the boxes and thinking they were real when they were only "examples". I'm not sure I would use this in a work situation, however, as I would prefer to talk in-person because things are complicated enough and sometimes hard to explain in writing. Anyway, doesn't anybody remember the "art of conversation"?

2 comments:

Toby said...

Pam -

I'm sorry you had such a tough time with IM. If you're willing to give it another shot, I would recommend looking out for either one of the 10 Things team (look for skokielibrary@gmail.com), or you can IM the reference desk at askskokie@gmail.com.

Thanks for giving it the old college try. We know this stuff isn't for everyone, but we feel some of them might be really useful to our library patrons.

Toby

dark chocolate said...

You really tell it like it is.