Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thing 10 - Virtual Library Branch

Hooray! Hooray! I can hardly type fast enough to say how glad I am to be finished (and ahead of time, also). I usually only finish things under pressure, but I was pretty good about dividing my time for this adventure. First - thanks to the "Skokie Ten" staff that put this together and helped me through - you are all my technical gods!

Thing 10 was downloading an e-book which I pretty-much did in the Youth Lab, except that you can't actually finish there. I think I could go home and do it with my husband's help. I admire the patrons who are able to download e-books and videos without our help - how do they know how to do these things?

I visited the Cornell University Library website and it was great!!! I was amazed at how user friendly it was, but I also noted how huge their staff appreared to be. With that much staff, we could rule cyberspace also! The best thing was I had an old library friend that I haven't kept up with and I knew she had worked at Cornell. The last we communicated, she had said she was thinking of moving to Oregon. I put in her name on the staff search, and sure enough - there she was with her e-mail address and everything. It was like finding gold! Very cool. Now, I may e-mail her and reconnect. So - the tenth thing was well worth it for me.

1 comment:

rich said...

see, the 10 things helps people connect with long-lost friends! what more can you ask for?

congrats on finishing the 10 things!